August 1, 2017
Dear Parents, Students and Families,
Welcome to Westside Park Elementary School for the 2017-2018 school year! Starting a new school year gives us great opportunities – returning to our friends, making new friends and having refreshed minds eager to learn.
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – Wednesday, August 9, 2017. It will be a regular day, with dismissal times as noted in the School Hours section of this letter.
- TK and Kindergarten Orientation – Tuesday, August 8th at 10:00am (the MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS) in the Multi-purpose room. A FREE Homework Supply kit will be given to each student whose parents attend this important orientation meeting.
- SCHOOL HOURS: (Reference School Year Calendar and Daily Schedule for more information)
- TK-3rd: 9:00AM - 3:15PM (Tuesdays only: 9:00AM – 2:30PM)
- 4th-5th: 9:00AM – 3:20PM (Tuesdays only: 9:00AM – 2:35PM)
- BREAKFAST SCHEDULE – BREAKFAST IS SERVED BEFORE SCHOOL ONLY
- Breakfast is served in the Cafeteria from 8:30am – 8:45am each morning before school.
- Due to limited space, only students are allowed inside of the cafeteria for breakfast.
- To support our new TK and Kindergarten students during the first 3 days of school (8/9/17 – 8/11/17), only 1 of their parents may come into the cafeteria to assist them. Please use this time to help your child become independent in taking care of his/her mealtime needs. Due to limited space, siblings and other family members are not allowed inside of the Cafeteria during breakfast. We appreciate your support in helping our breakfast time go smoothly.
- TK and Kindergarten students have reserved tables during breakfast to support their needs.
- All breakfast foods are for students only. Food must remain inside of the cafeteria. Thank you for your support and cooperation as we must follow Federal food service guidelines.
- LUNCH APPLICATIONS- are not required this year. Breakfast and lunch are free for every student.
- LCFF APPLICATIONS are REQUIRED FOR EVERY FAMILY. The Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) supports your child’s education by providing needed funds, staff and supplies to our school. Your support in returning the LCFF application by the end of the first week is greatly appreciated.
- BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT – Thursday, August 24, 2016 at 4:00pm for TK through 5th grade students. Please be sure to attend. Important information for this school year will be discussed that you will want to know to help support your child’s success this year.
- PERFECT ATTENDANCE- is crucial for your child’s success. Students are to be on time, every day and remain in school all day. This includes no late pick-ups after school has dismissed for your child to be eligible for the Perfect Attendance rewards, certificates and trophies.
- PARENT/STUDENT HANDBOOK-Please read the important information in the handbook with your child and return the signature page to his/her teacher. It is coming home with your child the first week of school.
- SCHOOL SAFETY – Please read the enclosed information on our school’s safety guidelines.
We are looking forward to a great year of learning together! It takes all of us working together to accomplish great goals for our children. Please contact our office with any questions at (760) 246-4118. We will be happy to assist you.
Mrs. Crawford, Principal